Gillis’ sales job

1. Jeremy says:

You’re spot-on here, JJ. I’ve heard a few optimists point to the success of Edmonton’s youngsters last season as the model, but are we supposed to believe that any of the Canucks’ top offensive prospects are even close to Gagner, Cogliano and Nilsson in terms of skill? I’d love to see a breakout, but I must admit I’m skeptical. Mason Raymond had all the buzz last year at this time, but he looked pretty lost out there to me. I hope I’m wrong, though.

2. Jeremy says:

3. Johan says:

OK Jeremy, so maybe we don’t have kids on the level of Cogliano or Gagner, but all the same there’s no reason at all why a line consisting of some combination of Raymond, Grabner, Hansen, Hodgson, Gendur couldn’t put up decent numbers.

4. Johan says:

5. GZ Expat says:

I just wonder how long Viggy will be patient with the youngins. He hasn’t showed too much patience with anyone that doesn’t do exactly what he’s wanted thus far…whats to say he will now.

6. GZ Expat says:

7. Nuckels says:

Gagner and Cogliano are barring injury, gonna have careers mirroring Comrie and Morrison. They arent as skilled as they are played out to be. And with there tiny size, they will always have to battle to be effective.
    Vancouver needs help offensively, but if its at the cost of Bieksa, then no thanks. Hands down the player with most heart on the team…

8. Nuckels says:

9. Trini says:

Good one JJ –
    The sales pitch about our youth is getting old. I’ve been hearing about Grabner for two years now. If he was so great last year then how come he didn’t crack the lineup? Our youth is good but not superstar good. They fill in those holes; not the top lines. I might eat my words but I doubt it.
    At this point I’d take Mark Parrish. Wasn’t he “Plan B”? Has he signed anywhere yet?

10. Trini says:

Good one JJ –

11. Andrew says:

I find it rather odd that he’s now going for a “young” look after getting to the team and pronouncing that he was going to do a drastic overhaul. So, now that he’s got players leaving, what does he replace them with, rookies that are already in the system? Hey, I’m a faithful Moose-guy, but still.

12. Andrew says: