What to do with Wellwood

1. DaxF says:

I think he’ll make the team as long as he’s still improving on his conditioning and simply based on the fact that he’s still playing better than many of the other players that are fighting for a roster spot.

He brings more to the table then Krog. If his conditioning has improved for his second conditioning test then he’ll make the team and I could see him slotted in as the second line center. Right now I’d like to see him between Hansen and Demitra.

2. DaxF says:

3. Jeremy says:

I think he’d really have to stink to get cut this week. He’s relatively cheap and obviously has some talent — even just to send out with Demitra as the second power-play unit or whatever, and maybe shootouts, it should be worth it. They were probably just trying to light a fire under him with the public shaming, partly to see how he’d respond.

4. Jeremy says:

5. Steve says:

He’s on a one-way contract and makes a million per year, so he’ll stay with the team. However, it’s hard to see where he fits in unless he plays on the second line. Kesler and Johnson are pencilled in on the 3rd and 4th lines, and Wellwood isn’t the type of player they want on those lines anyways. If he doesn’t score, he brings nothing to the table and he’ll be in the press box.

I predict an OK start and then an extended press box residency about 15-20 games into the season once Vignault gets sick of his work habits and lack of competiveness.

6. Steve says:

7. Sternip says:

Surely he will get in shape pretty quick if he’s playing three games a week.

But if it’s true he’s invisible except for scoring goals, imo these kinds of players can be a liability on a team, because it’s difficult to justify dropping them but they can harm the team more than they improve it, in many ways.

Give him a chance I reckon and see what happens.

8. Sternip says:

Surely he will get in shape pretty quick if he’s playing three games a week.

Give him a chance I reckon and see what happens.

9. Rinslet says:

It’s easy to work on conditioning/fitness of a player. It’s harder to teach someone “hands” if they don’t already have it.

On a team that’s been starved for offense, I think he should stay.

10. Rinslet says:

On a team that’s been starved for offense, I think he should stay.

11. Hailey says:

He should stay- he can do extra conditioning and training and he’ll be in shape really quick if he also sticks to a sticrt diet

12. Hailey says:

13. Balmer says:

HEY NUCKS……..GET MARK BELL!!!!!!!!! Then we will win! Dude can skate, pass, SCORE and FIGHT!

14. Balmer says:

15. Balmer says:

I’m gonna lose it………how the %$#@ does pyatt get icetime over wellwood…….are you *&%$#@* kidding me? PUT WELLWOOD OUT THERE ahead of pyatt or hansen

wellwood isn’t perfect but the dude can play the game and provide offensively

16. Balmer says:

wellwood isn’t perfect but the dude can play the game and provide offensively

17. Balmer says:

Wow………….anyone else out there think that pyatt should be playin fourth line and wellwood scoring goals on the second line?

18. Balmer says:

19. bzermb says:

u3Qnpv sdanawdpvrgq, [url=http://vrylnrlacyow.com/]vrylnrlacyow[/url], [link=http://xvmaarfkvcrc.com/]xvmaarfkvcrc[/link], http://wfpwmthscnrh.com/

20. bzermb says: