A touching tribute

Last night’s ceremony to honor Luc Bourdon was simple and touching. With the entire Canucks team surrounding them on the ice, members of the Canucks staff behind the benches and Canucks fans standing in their seats or watching on TV, Luc’s family stood on GM Place ice. They fought back tears while remembering the life of Luc, one that was too promising but too short. Alex Burrows and Roberto Luongo presented them with Luc’s last game-worn jersey and Tom Cochrane came out and played “Big League” alongside a video tribute showing highlights of Luc’s life.

Like Chris Zimmerman promised, it was an appropriate tribute and certainly one we won’t forget. That the entire Canucks family was represented wasn’t lost. We are all Canucks, as they say, and Luc forever is one.

1. Robin Fast says:

What a touching tribute to a fallen team-mate. Bringing in Tom Cochrane was a genuis move and I’m sure Luc would have been proud – and the 6-0 scoreboard was another fitting tribute to him. Good job boys!!

2. Robin Fast says:

3. Jeremy says:

Even on TV, it was amazing. What was it like to be there in person, surrounded by thousands of people in tears?

4. Jeremy says:

5. Rinslet says:

I cried the first time I watched the tribute, and I cry everytime I watch it again.

6. Rinslet says:

7. I shed a few tears for sure. I can’t say enough how well-done it was and how respectful everyone was during the ceremony. The energy was positive. It wasn’t sad and it wasn’t cheesy. It really did feel like a celebration of what Luc accomplished in his short time with us.

8. I shed a few tears for sure. I can’t say enough how well-done it was and how respectful everyone was during the ceremony. The energy was positive. It wasn’t sad and it wasn’t cheesy. It really did feel like a celebration of what Luc accomplished in his short time with us.

9. hailey manke says:

What a great way to Celebrate luc’s life! That was so kind and thoughtful of her to give Luc’s family his last game worn Jersey, i cry every time i see/ watch the tribute what a sad event, but he will forever and ever be in our hearts of the canucks and their fans- even though he is not physically here, he is here in our hearts watching evry game, He would be proud of the 6-0 shut out on thursday!

10. hailey manke says:

11. Jeremy says:

That’s so cool…kudos to the organization for pulling it off so well.

12. Jeremy says:

That’s so cool…kudos to the organization for pulling it off so well.

13. Adam says:

Agreed, it was very touching, and well deserved.

14. Adam says:

Agreed, it was very touching, and well deserved.