Sometimes I have to pinch myself

1. Laker says:

Tavares is top notch, no doubt. Maybe cause I am a Canucks fan, maybe not, but I’d rather have Hodgson. TSN picks their player to hype even before the tournament starts. They do it every year. Nothing wrong with that, but if they had chosen to hype Hodgson over Tavares they wouldn’t have been misguided.

-Most points in tournament
    -Far better skater than Tavares
    -Makes those around him better
    -He was only on for one goal against in the whole tournament.
    -Does the little things right away from the puck, like Quinn says, even when he loses a faceoff he does the right thing.

Should be interesting to see him suit up for the Canucks!

2. Laker says:

-Most points in tournament
    -Far better skater than Tavares
    -Makes those around him better
    -He was only on for one goal against in the whole tournament.

Should be interesting to see him suit up for the Canucks!

3. aaron says:

I like Hodgson a lot, and I think he has great potential, but I think a lot of people are over-hyping him right now. Personally I thought his WJHC point totals were overinflated by being on a stacked power play. I don’t have the stats, but I don’t remember him producing much 5-on-5. In the Russia game in particular I thought he actually played poorly until late in the third.

Nonetheless, he was brilliant on the penalty kill, and Quinn seemed to have him out for every important draw. Really looking forward to watching him on the Canucks, perhaps I only see cracks in his game because I was watching him so closely in this tourney!

4. aaron says:

5. aaron says:

I just checked the stats, and he was a +8 on the tourney- so much for my theory of him not producing offence 5-on-5!

6. aaron says: