Free Agents: Last Minute Additions – Defense

1. Steve-uk says:

Its all a bit of nightmare. Personally Id prefer a shut down defence man. Budget is very tight.
    If anyone can play with the budget its Gillis.

2. Steve-uk says:

If anyone can play with the budget its Gillis.

3. mb says:

Ossi Vaananen signed with HC Dynamo Minsk of the KHL.

4. mb says:

Ossi Vaananen signed with HC Dynamo Minsk of the KHL.

5. Zandberg says:

To me it makes no sense why he’d go with Skoula, having let Vaananen go. He’s going to trade away a bit of cap space to get a better guy than that.

It looks like Christian Backman is signing with Frolunda, according to Hockeyexpressen.

Trading partners? I think the Leafs and Lightning have the largest over-abundance of D-men.

Bring back Krajicek?

6. Zandberg says:

Bring back Krajicek?

7. Richard Loat says:

I’d happily take Lukas back.

Unfortunately I feel that while he could have kept Vaananen, Skoula is a cheaper version.

Getting anything from the Leafs would mean we give up too much, and frankly, I don’t want Kaberle’s cap hit.

8. Richard Loat says:

I’d happily take Lukas back.

9. Zandberg says:

I’ve been thinking Ian White as an option over Kaberle. What do you think of White?

10. Zandberg says:

1. August 23, 2009

[…] Canucks Hockey Blog:  Looking at which additions the Canucks still need to make.  I agree that losing Ohlund will hurt more than some people realize.  […]