Should Cody Get 9?

1. Dave Roy says:

Hi Richard

I agree with you for the most part, but maybe I’m reading your post wrong.

Are you saying that he should go down now and that we can call him up later if we need him, to giving him his 9 games nearer the end of the season, when the games are more important and he’s had a bit more conditioning in the OHL?

If so, you do realize that once he goes down, he can’t come back up, don’t you? I suppose he could come up with the big team in the playoffs once Brampton is eliminated or wins it all, but the Canucks have to still be playing at that point.

If I am reading you wrong and you already know that, my apologies. It’s kind of late right now. :)

2. Dave Roy says:

Hi Richard

I agree with you for the most part, but maybe I’m reading your post wrong.

3. Kaegan says:

Once you send him back to Junior, you can’t call him back up unless his Junior season ends. I doubt we’ll see him called up while the Canucks are in the playoffs, in that case.

4. Kaegan says:

5. Richard Loat says:

Dave/Kaegan

You are both right. I worded that slightly wrong. It’s a late post tonight. I’ve editted it to make more sense. Thanks for keeping me on my toes and for reading!

6. Richard Loat says:

Dave/Kaegan

7. Dave Roy says:

Ok, now I completely agree with you. :)

While I don’t think he will necessarily learn much down in the OHL, I think he will be much better next year if he’s sent down this year. If we had the cap room, I might reconsider, but we don’t.

8. Dave Roy says:

Ok, now I completely agree with you. :)

9. Matt says:

Looks like you nailed it Richard…

I agree that it’s a tough spot that he has to go back to the OHL. From all accounts, Hodgson has accomplished just about all he can at the Junior level. Since it sounds like he didnt EARN a spot with the Canucks, it seems like he’d be a perfect candidate for the Moose.

Its interesting to look back at all the hype from over the summer– then realize that he probably won’t even play a game with the Canucks this year.

10. Matt Reitz says:

Looks like you nailed it Richard…

11. Nick Hulscher says:

Richard its a good read, but i disagree with your point on not being able too send your juniors to the ahl, no offence too anyone here but how would we like it if our Vancouver Giants had some of our talent swiped from them just too play in a league in between the nhl and well basically there league I just don’t like the idea of pouching just because we can, these junior leagues need too be as exciting as ever for real fans because a watered down league is not fun for anyone. anyways I know this is just the tip of my arguement, and i know i could see it both ways, but in the end rules are rules and for all I know I have never heard of the AHL challenging this rule. great read richard, night hockey at ambleside one of these fridays would be good.

12. Nick Hulscher says:

13. Sternip says:

Have to disagree @Nick Hulscher, sounds like you are a Giants fan who doesn’t want to see your favourite players go from the roster – pretty hard to sympathise with reasoning that comes from self-interest.

14. Sternip says: