The Second Coming – Postponed

1. Oh its ON tonight Richard…it’s ON! ;)

My only point is that the kid is 19 and you’re claiming he doesn’t want to make this team. Sorry but that’s just not true in my opinion.

His injury may not have been an excuse last night, but I can guarantee it effected his preparation for this camp. And, perhaps his head did get a little big with all of the praise heaped on him over the last year. Excuse him, he’s 19.

Gillis has said all along Hodgson will be here ONLY if he earns a spot. He may be here for the 9 game limit to give him a taste before he’s sent back.

As for proving themselves, Shirokov has yet to do so when the games start to count, yet you’ve already decided he’s earned a spot. He’s four years older than Hodgson and has been playing in a men’s league the last few years in Russia. It’s no surprise to me that he’s ahead of the curve.

I’m seeing Hodgson painted in an unfair light here. I’m seeing his character questioned, and I think that’s a tad unfair.

If you were talking about Grabner, then we would be on the same page.

2. Oh its ON tonight Richard…it’s ON! ;)

If you were talking about Grabner, then we would be on the same page.

3. Oh its ON tonight Richard…it’s ON! ;)

If you were talking about Grabner, then we would be on the same page.

4. The Fly says:

Dude, you called Cody a diva and said he’s got a big head because he wants people to pronounce his name right.

I’m happy that you are backtracking now and just talking about his play.

There’s no question that his play has been lacking BUT that doesn’t mean that he lacks character.

You were way off last night, crucifying the kid. (In my opinion of course.)

5. The Fly says:

I’m happy that you are backtracking now and just talking about his play.

You were way off last night, crucifying the kid. (In my opinion of course.)

6. The Fly says:

I’m happy that you are backtracking now and just talking about his play.

You were way off last night, crucifying the kid. (In my opinion of course.)

7. Sternip says:

Yeah it sucks to comparing him to Trevor Linden when he’s not played an NHL game – I remember Sidney Crosby hyped up to be “better than Wayne Gretzky” before his draft year. Things like this can only lead to disappointment and I think have a genuine negative impact on players – if they feel like they have nothing to prove at the crucial 17-20 age.

This isn’t unique to ice hockey by any means and it’s about time journalists took a step back imo.

8. Sternip says:

9. Sam says:

I am gonna back Mozy up for a sec and applaud him for wrecking havoc through the twitter lines and the hearts of all Canucks fans. It was honestly kind of funny to watch, but I think at certain times as a writer, you have to be firm with your opinion, and even overwrite (My own opinion is that AV is not the dude to lead this team…)

IF he had simply mentioned, “gee, cody isn’t playing all that well”, it wouldn’t be much of a blog post, now would it. He said what he felt, and it was refreshing to see.

I did notice the attack of Cody’s character and that is where my opinion differs from Richard’s, I am of the boat that he still needs more time to get back in the groove, and should be thrown into the lineup and he’ll be just fine, enough for a 30-40 point season if he played the whole season. In my opinion though, AV hasn’t really been the coach that is patient with rookies, so who knows what could happen? I’m sure MG will make the right decision.

10. Sam says:

11. Travis Vandenbrand says:

Cody was CHL player of the year, he crushed the other scorers in the OHL in PPG, he led the WJC in points…this kid deserves hype. That was all in one year. He seems like a quality character. The only thing that could set him back is the constant criticism he recieves as he tries to adapt to playing in the NHL.
    This Canucks team is the most competitive team to make as a player because of their depth. Give him a year or so break and let him comfortably enter the NHL ala Bobby Ryan. Maybe we’ll get the same results.

12. Travis Vandenbrand says: