The Joke of the Shootout – The Beauty of a Tie

1. FR3D says:

I think the Shootout has it’s place but not during the regular season. It should be kept to must win games like during the play-offs, just like football does with the world cup.

2. FR3D says:

3. Kevin says:

I’m fine with the shootout. I think it makes more sense during the regular season than it does during high-stakes games like in the playoffs.

“why must a game… be decided by the flick of a wrist of an individual.”
    Actually, the outcome of a shootout is decided by 6 individuals or more (2 goalies and 4 shooters minimum).

4. Kevin says:

“why must a game… be decided by the flick of a wrist of an individual.”

5. Richard Loat says:

Kevin,

I realize the shootout is comprised of 6 individuals, but my point is, on any one shot, the game comes down to two single individuals, one from each team.

6. Richard Loat says:

Kevin,

1. October 13, 2009

[…] is the second part of my shootout posts. The first was how I felt when they first brought the shootout in, and I can say I still don’t fully agree with it. I’ve come to terms with it, but I […]