Hordichuk’s Expiration Date Has Arrived

1. Vancan19 says:

I agree. Let him go, as well as Wellgoof! Hell, get rid of Bieksa, but that’s another story. We should bring back up Shirokov, he’s the leading scorer on the Moose and deserves another chance in my opinion.
    That being said, his “fight” last night with Parros which was broken up very early by the refs, should have been better and longer, the refs jumped in way too early and you could see Hordi saying NO NO DONT to the refs cuz he wanted to go.
    Anyways, ya get rid of the floaters!

2. Vancan19 says:

Anyways, ya get rid of the floaters!

3. Miles Deep says:

Definitely been seeing LOTS more upside out of Glass and Rypien. Clear him out to make room for someone else.

4. Miles Deep says:

5. Nick says:

why do write this guy out after he hasnt had a role because he hasnt had many games to be given a role, trust me when a injury to rypien(god forbid) happens or to hansen or another 3rd- 4th line player, he could fill that role that he’s had taken away from him. face it these are salary cap days and he’s a cheap replacement come injury time. Plus … See Moreim not sold that he isn’t important. He puts he’s face on the line most nights that he does play, all to get his team fired up. Seems to me this is an Article written more about his broken up fight last night than anything else, if I’m not mistaken he scored the only goal in the 2-1 ot lose to the blackhawks last playoffs. Anyways Hordi’s ok in my books, is he steller no but he does add grit to this team, that not too long ago lack much of it.

6. Nick says:

7. Nick revised says:

why do we write this guy out after he hasnt had a role because he hasnt had many games to be given a role, trust me when an injury to rypien(god forbid) happens or to hansen or to another 3rd- 4th line player, he could fill that role that he’s had taken away from him. face it these are salary cap days and he’s a cheap replacement come injury time. Plus im not sold that he isn’t important. He puts his face on the line most nights that he does play, all to get his team fired up. Seems to me this is an article written more about his broken up fight last night than anything else, if I’m not mistaken he scored the only goal in the 2-1 ot lose to the blackhawks last playoffs. Anyways Hordi’s ok in my books, is he steller no but he does add grit to this team, that not too long ago lacked much of it.

8. Nick revised says:

9. Richard Loat says:

Nick, you couldnt be further off. I’ve been sitting on this post for a while. I can assure you last night’s fight wasn’t the reason it was written.

If Rypien goes down, bring up Bolduc. Bring up Bliznak. They’re kids that will play way better than Hordichuk will and they’ll cost just as much.

You said “he could fill that role that he’s had taken away from him” assuming Hansen/Rypien go down to injury. His role hasn’t been taken away from him. His role has been there all along. He’s not playing it.

Hordichuk should be fighting Hal Gill, Hordichuk should be fighting Boris Valabik, Hordichuk should be fighting Derek Boogard. Fact of the matter is Rypien’s taken on all of the first two, and I’m sure if given the chance he’d dance with Boogard too.

He’s not providing offense at a level that would justify him leaving his enforcer role. He’s not playing his enforcer role because it’s now been taken care of by Rypien and Glass (who do his job AND put up much better offensive numbers) and he’s not gritty at all.

When was the last time you saw him throw a big hit? I don’t see how you can say he puts his face on the line every night. I don’t even see him put his body on the line most nights.

10. Richard Loat says:

11. VanStanley says:

I saw him throw a big hit not even ten seconds before his fight with Parros. Hordi was scratched for a few games in a row, and really hasnt been given too many shifts in the last couple of games. Neither has Rypien for that matter.

These guys are energy guys. Hordi, Rypien, Glass all do what they do. Johnson is a pk faceoff guy. Bolduc or Bliznak arent gonna be droppin the mitts with the Boogards or the Valabiks. Rypien scrapped Gill and Valabik because he was just there at the time.

Granted Hordi has had a rough go this season, but who is gonna go with the heavy weights when he isnt in the lineup? Rypien? I would hope not.

As far as setting the tone, he goes when he goes, but all of the grinders need to pick up in the energy and grit department. They all need to fight more in my books. As well as the odd tilt from Burr and Kess. Team toughness. Team.

12. VanStanley says: