I don’t think I could adore this handsome crew of raggamuffins any more at the moment. I am crushing on the Canucks immensely right now. I daydream about going to the movies with them and whether or not our hands will touch when we both grab the popcorn at the same time. I secretly hope the Lightning come up to me and Rick Rypien when we’re out for dinner and Mermaid punches them out of jealousy. Every time they score a nice goal I giggle and blush. I still sometimes worry about their commitment issues (going long term in the playoffs) but right now I’m just having fun.
– Poor, poor Bieksa. I know he was having a pretty dismal year and everything but OUCH. How unlucky to have that sort of skate cut injury TWICE in three seasons.
– Shane baybee O’Brien has been playing SO well lately even the people that formerly couldn’t stand him are giving him all sorts of praise. It makes me delightfully happy.
– How insanely sexy is Alex Burrows right now? TWO hat tricks in A ROW? It’s ridiculous. Never. Even. Drafted. And he’s still so humble constantly talking up Hank and Danny for all his success. Rawrrrr. No one has ever had three consecutive hat tricks but how fun would it be if Burr did that against the Flames tonight?
– I am not a squeamish person at all (except when someone says the word moist) but how gross was watching poor Aaron Rome after that hit from Taylor Pyatt? There was blood everywhere. Poor button. Hopefully he’s not hurt too long. But Brad Lukowich gets to play which is nice for him being a BC boy and all. I loved Luko ever since training camp so good for him.
– I hate math and I hate numbers. Except for numbers that make my hockey team look hot. Here’s some numbers to coo over:
143 – goals the Canucks have scored this season. Only the Capitals, Hawks, and Sharks have scored more.
23 – the +/- of Christian “the Hoff” Ehrhoff to league the lead
61 – Hank Sedin’s points for the season. He’s in SOLE possession of the NHL scoring lead. Hank for HART!
1 – A white Mermaid jersey that is now in my possession.
5 – what the Canucks win streak could be if they beat the Flames tonight.