Canucks vs. Kings Game 4 Game Day Links
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault laid down the gauntlet to his best players yesterday. Roberto Luongo, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Sami Salo, Alex Edler, Ryan Kesler were all called to the forefront, and in no uncertain terms, challenged to get it done. Have they truly learnt from previous playoff disappointments? Will they rise up to the challenge this time around?
Obviously, we hope it’s the latter.
Statistically-speaking, teams overcome a 3-1 first round series deficit only 20% of the time. On the other hand, if the series is tied 2-2, the team with home-ice advantage ends up winning the series 60% of the time.
Here are today’s game day links:
- “They’re ready for this moment. This is their time.” [Iain MacIntyre, Vancouver Sun; Ed Willes, Vancouver Province; Matthew Sekeres, Globe and Mail]
- Dear Canucks fan, don’t jump off Burrard St. bridge yet. [Vancouver Province; Rory Boylen, The Hockey News via Metro Vancouver; Monte Stewart, NHL Fanhouse]
- Luongo feels shame. [Ed Willes, Vancouver Province; Brad Ziemer, Vancouver Sun]
- The Canucks have to slow down Double-D and Double-J. [Ben Kuzma, Vancouver Province; Kurtenblog; Eric Stephens, OC Register]
- Sedins stalled. Helene Elliott, LA Times; J.P. Hoornstra, San Gabriel Valley Tribune]
- Kings’ veterans have stepped up. [Gordon McIntyre, Vancouver Province]
- Kesler gets Selke nomination. Now it’s time to play like a Selke nominee. [Brad Ziemer, Vancouver Sun; Ben Kuzma, Vancouver Province]
- Conspiracy, inconsistency or incompetence? [Jason Botchford, Vancouver Province; Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun]
- Confidence is a beautiful thing. Unfortunately, the Kings are the ones brimming with it. [Helene Elliott, LA Times]