Canucks Camp Cuts and Other News
Only a week-and-a-half before the start of the regular season and the Canucks announce new roster cuts, Cody Hodgson keeps his linemates for at least one more game, Sergei Shirokov has a new training plan, Roberto Luongo has a sore groin, Keith Ballard has a new hip, and Raffi Torres has a new lease on life.
- Mario Bliznak, Prab Rai, Jordan Schroeder, Aaron Volpatti, Nolan Baumgartner, Kevin Connauton, Evan Oberg, Travis Ramsey, Chris Tanev and Sean Zimmerman are all Manitoba Moose-bound.
- Cody Hodgson to play on Ryan Kesler’s and Mason Raymond’s wing again.
- Sergei Shirokov apparently reported to camp out of shape. Cue the Kyle Wellwood jokes.
- Roberto Luongo has a sore groin. Don’t worry, Canucks fans. He’s only supposed to miss a couple of games.
- Raffi Torres is hungry. In a good way. Not in a Sergei Shirokov kinda-way (see what I did there?).
- What do you mean Keith Ballard had hip surgery?