Boxing Day at the Canucks Team Store
The Canucks Team Store had their annual Boxing Day Sale today. Here are a few (unneeded) items they had available for sale:
- Jannik Hansen’s hands of stone – In the past 6 games since moving to the second line with Ryan Kesler and Jeff Tambellini, Hansen has 3 points (1 goal – 2 assists). I know it’s a modest 0.5 points per game average, but consider he had 7 points (2 goals – 5 assists) in the previous 28 games – a 0.25 points per game average.
- Tanner Glass’ plane ticket to Manitoba – The fourth line has seen a revolving cast of characters; no less than 11 players have suited up on the fourth line this season. About the only constant has been Glass.
- Ryan Walters’ motivational posters – Sure didn’t help Steve Bernier’s confidence.
- Cases of Eggo Waffles – The Leafs don’t come to Rogers Arena again until next season.
- Kyle Wellwood’s game-worn jersey – Comes in size XL (but some smaller sizes available).
- Robero Luongo’s goalie mask – Some markings. Looks like a ‘C’ under the cage.
- Ryan Walters’ powerplay playbooks – The Canucks’ powerplay improved steadily with Walters behind the bench, but it’s really taken off this season with Newell Brown.
- 40-Year Old Virgin DVDs – Because it hurts too damn much to watch. (Located next to the Canucks at 40 books – you know the one that reminds us that we’ve had a couple of good runs but haven’t won the whole thing yet.)
- VIP passes to the Roxy – Previously belonged to Shane O’Brien.
- Jeff Tambellini’s plane ticket to Manitoba – Kid’s got 14 points (8 goals – 6 assists) in 20 games and the Canucks are 16-1-3 with him in the lineup.
- Floorball equipment – Must keep away from Sami Salo.
- Green spandex tights – Surely The Green Men’s 15 seconds of fame is up, right? Right?