Burrows’ Stick, Staal’s Balls and Tortorella’s Response

1. Three Chord Monte says:

“not in a position to determine if it was intentional”? Hmm. Try doing that without intent.

2. Idnotwannahearit-invisible says:

“Not in a position to determine if it was intentional” you say. That is the most disingenuous, passive-aggressive, mealy-mouthed rationalization designed to excuse a blatant attempt to injure I’ve ever heard. Did you even read what you wrote? Were you able to do so without cringing with douche chills?

3. Idnotwannahearit-invisible says:

4. Idnotwannahearit-invisible says:

5. Idnotwannahearit-invisible says:

6. Laura Daniel says:

Jesus, if a Ranger player does something below the belt, I acknowledge it and say it was a bad decision and uncalled for, regardless of my love for the team and the players in it. I support them, but I can see a bad play when it happens. ‘Not in a position to determine if it was intentional?!’ REALLY? To coin an old sports phrase, what game were the refs (and more to the point, you) watching? If a Blueshirt player had speared a Nuck like that, I’d have been disappointed in him. Call your players out! Battle in front of the net or not, you don’t spear a man in the balls.