Quickies: October 5, 2011
Today’s quickies, a bunch of links, clips, news and other tidbits about the Vancouver Canucks.
Photo credit: ESPN
- Remember the ribbing Ryan Kesler received after posing in his undies? I can only imagine what it’ll be like after his nude photoshoot for ESPN magazine.
- Yesterday, the Canucks placed Victor Oreskovich on waivers and claimed Dale Weise from the Rangers. Is Weise an upgrade over Oreo? In a tweet, Darren Dreger was complimentary of Weise’s skill set. And according to Pierre Lebrun, the Canucks were trying to trade for him last year. Weise is scheduled to line up next to Maxim Lapierre and Aaron Volpatti on the fourth line.
- @VanCanucks shared a sneak peek at the Rick Rypien tribute decal going on every player’s helmet this season. Check it out here.
- Speaking of Rypien, the Canucks have designated October 18, when they take on the New York Rangers, as Rick Rypien night.
- Keith Ballard is healthy and hungry. That’s a good thing. (We hope.)
- Ben Kuzma has a good read on Revelstoke native Aaron Volpatti, who took a long – and unconventional – road to the NHL. But he’s here now and will be lining up for his hometown team on opening night.
- Gasp! The Toronto Sun still consider the Vancouver Canucks the odds-on favorite to win the Cup this year.