Contest: The Cody Hodgson Era Has Ended… and CHB Needs a New Tagline
And like much of the intertwined web of social media, we here at Canucks Hockey Blog have also seen ourselves transition through the five stages of grief over the deal:
- Shock – What do you mean he was traded?
- Denial – Liars! Until Bob McKenzie says so, Cody is still a Canuck!
- Anger – Damn that Bob McKenzie for saying Cody is a Sabre.
- Depression – Cody was the next Linden.
- Acceptance – Well, he’s gone. Guess we have to change our blog’s tag line.
That’s right. Canucks Hockey Blog needs a new tag line and while my early suggestion of changing it to “the cody hodgson era
begins ended” was vetoed by those with a heart, we all agreed that we would reach out to our faithful readers to come up with our next one.
Here’s how you tell us:
- Enter your tagline via the comments section on this post. (Make sure you enter your email address when you log-in so we can contact you if you win.)
- If you choose to enter your tagline via Twitter, make sure to add the hashtag #chbtagline so we can find it.
Enter as many suggestions as you want, but please keep it PG-rated.
You have until 11:59 PM on Saturday, March 3rd to come up with the greatest tagline of all time.
Should yours be chosen by the crack team of judges (also known as the CHB crew), you’ll be the proud owner of a $25 gift certificate to any Donnelly Group establishment donated by our friends at the Rosedale on Robson.
Think you have what it takes?
[update: 03/04/2012, 4:30 PM]
And the winner is… @dan_santorelli for his suggestion of “It is what it is.”
Thanks to everyone for joining and thanks to our good friends at Rosedale on Robson for donating the $25 gift card to any Donnelly Group establishment.