CHB’s Top 10 Things That the Canucks Should be Thankful For
I was blessed to be at all three of the Canucks home games this week. Although the team only picked up two out of a possible six points, I was fortunate to be in the arena to witness three big games: Cory Schneider’s return with the Devils on Tuesday, our rival San Jose Sharks on Thursday, and the popular Montreal Canadiens on Saturday.
Thursday in particular was a very memorable day for me as I was able to accompany friend of the blog Marie Hui as she sang the national anthems. I hung out with her in the dressing room and tunnel prior to her singing, and then I was able to capture footage from rink side. Check out the video at the end of the blog…she was awesome. To top it off, the Aquilini family treated my family and me to complimentary tickets for the game. Needless to say, I was very thankful for their generosity.
Thus, with it being Thanksgiving Monday here in Canada, I thought it would be an appropriate time to take stock of the things we can thankful for regarding our hockey team. You know, things like the consistent play of the Sedins. Jason Garrison on the powerplay. A healthy Ryan Kesler…for now.
So last night, I went to Twitter (as usual) to ask the question and here are the replies that came back.
Enjoy CHB’s Top 10 Things the Canucks Should Be Thankful For:
10. Passionate Canucks fans who care enough to say – “ONE Team, ONE Goal, Together as ONE for 2014!” – submitted by @tony_p_power
9. That it’s October and everyone is going to forget about this as the season goes on. – submitted by @delaguitare
8. That Luongo has been playing stellar! – submitted by @sprtschick
7. That their fans are actually willing to pay exorbitant prices for tickets! – submitted by @krissymchua
6. The Edmonton Oilers and the Calgary Flames. – submitted by @vansport
5. That Dan Hamhuis has nowhere to go but up from here. – submitted by @justin_fung
4. Santorelli’s ability to score in OT. – submitted by @kdmurray
3. That Edmonton is in our division. – submitted by @iSwearImStrait
2. A season. – submitted by @ajtuliao
1. That they’re not the New York Rangers. – submitted by @tpoole00