Top 10 Chants That Are Likely to Break Out in Rogers Arena
I was at Rogers Arena last night to see the Vancouver Canucks lose 3-0 to the visiting Anaheim Ducks. It’s crazy to think that just three short years after witnessing the Canucks clinch their first-ever Presidents’ Trophy (on March 31, 2011), I was watching them being eliminated from playoff contention for the first time since the 2007-2008 season.
With three minutes to go in the third period, a very audible “Fire Gillis” chant broke out in the arena and it went on for a considerable amount of time. Obviously, the Canuck faithful are restless and are demanding a change – whether it be Gillis, Tortorella, or maybe even both of them.
With the Canucks playing two of their final three regular season games at home (Thursday vs. Colorado and Sunday vs. Calgary), I went to Twitter to ask what other chants we might expect from the crowd. You responded, and thus we have the Top 10 Chants That Are Likely to Break Out in Rogers Arena:
10. “Ref You Suck!” – submitted by @Adamcanucks17
9. “Go Leafs Go!” – submitted by @jehovasvictim
8. “Bring Back Lu!” – submitted by @FearTheBeard13_
7. “Shoot the Puck!”
6. “Blow Canucks Blow!” – submitted by @BlahvBlahvBlah
5. “We Want AV!” – submitted by @maggiecanuck
4. “We Want McDavid!” – submitted by @elliottneck
3. “C-H-B! C-H-B!”
2. “We Want Free Beer!” – submitted by @waterboy99troop
1. “Woe Canucks Woe!” – submitted by @MartinvandenH