They provide some insight into the Heritage Classic, discuss what to expect come trade deadline (KESLER! LUONGO!), and chat about how a certain CHBer is going to get married. And as always, we involve our listeners in #AskCHB and end it off with some Canucks Haiku (even though Clay didn’t make this episode).
As a generous group of fans, us here at CHB started to think of a way to give back to our loyal readers, listeners, and viewers and wondered what we could do to help up the ante a little? I mean, it is the holiday season and all.
Well, our good friends at the Vancouver Canucks offered to help us out in the endeavour and proposed a wickedly awesome idea – lets put someone and their friend into a suite for a game!
That’s right! We’re giving away a pair of prime 500 Level tickets to the Canucks vs. Jets on December 22nd! You and a friend – if you’re the lucky winner – will join a few of us from CHB as we enjoy a visit from the Winnipeg Jets from a suite in the 500 level (way, way up!). How good is that?
So how do you enter to win? Simple.
Listen to our most recent episode of our C4CHB podcast “Send ‘Em to Utica!” and answer the following question:
- The boys and Nicole van Zanten talk about certain fan bases and their rivalries with Canucks fans on Twitter. What two fan bases does Nicole specifically compare during the podcast? For one entry, submit your answer in the form below (make sure you include a valid email address so we can contact the winner).
- For a bonus entry – take a picture of yourself in an ugly Christmas sweater and Tweet the following (ensure you include your Twitter handle in your entry): I listened to win #Canucks tix from @canuckshockey and @VanCanucks http://nucks.co/8y #uglysweater #C4CHB pic.twitter.com/XXXXXXXXXX
We will randomly draw the winner at 1:00 PM Tuesday, December 10th so make sure your entries are in before that. The winner will win one (1) pair of 500 level suite tickets to the Sunday, December 22nd Canucks game versus the Winnipeg Jets. You must be able to pick up the tickets at Will Call at Rogers Arena.
You don’t have much time. What are you waiting for?
Contest Closed – thank you for all the entries! Congratulations go to Andrea Yeung (@andrea_yeung) who had her name selected and correctly said the two teams Nicole compared were the Phoenix Coyotes and Nashville Predators.
Never shirking our chance to sport some facial hair or do a solid for a charitable cause, November is always an exciting time for most of us at Canucks Hockey Blog. Sure the majority of us only dream of rocking an epic quality crumb catcher like Tom Selleck can, but that doesn’t mean we can’t give it a try for a month.
For those that haven’t heard, November is now forever known as Movember, where men and women sport a Mo (real, fake or otherwise) in an effort to draw attention to a number of men’s health issues. A month-long event, and fun twist on how to raise awareness born in Australia back in 2003, Movember has already made significant gains in raising funds for men’s health issues to the tune of $447 million. Even more important is that we the momentum behind the effort should lead to even more in 2013!
So what can you do to support?
- Donate – ever dollar raised goes to support men’s health issues.
- Participate – it’s easy to sign up and while growing a stache is the generally accepted way to involve yourself, for those follicly challenged, you can always sport the fake Mo.
- Spread the word – help us by spreading the word, sharing this page with your friends, family and even strangers on the street!
- Get a checkup – that’s right. Go see a doctor and ensure everything is in order. Your health should be your number one concern!
Funds raised by the organization are invested in to programs related to prostate cancer and men’s mental health facilitated by Prostate Cancer Canada – very honourable causes! In fact, Movember donations are the largest non-government donation towards prostate cancer research globally! And it also helps that you’ll receive a tax receipt for your donation.
So what are you waiting for? Get that lip rug going!