In quite a comical scene from Friday night’s game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Vancouver Canucks, Roberto Luongo and Patrick Kane shared a few words as they were sprawled on the ice together seconds after Luongo foiled Kane’s shootout attempt (see video below). Two rounds later, rookie Jordan Schroeder beat the Hawks’ Corey Crawford before Luongo stopped Nick Leddy to seal the 2-1 win.
Reports surfaced later that Luongo said to Kane “Not this time” as the two players untangled themselves. Even so, the two rivals were within earshot of each other for a full five seconds after Kane’s failed attempt. Thus, Luongo likely said more than those three words.
Here are 10 things that Roberto Luongo may have said to Patrick Kane:
10. Just so you know – I let you score on me earlier in the game just to make it more exciting.
9. You should clean your jersey.
8. What’s it like being the Undertaker’s brother?
7. Thanks for boosting my trade value.
6. What do you think of my new single-leg take down maneuver?
5. Got room for one more in the limo?
4. Nice try…hopefully you’ll be able to score at the Roxy.
3. Those moves might work on Schneider but certainly not on me.
2. Tell your GM and coach I’d be an upgrade over your current goalie. In fact, he’ll probably let a rookie score on him later on in this shootout.
1. Let me know if you need exact change for the taxi later.