Tagged: Off-ice

GM Place To Be Renamed Today 1

GM Place To Be Renamed Today

From Canucks Sports and Entertainment: Canucks Sports & Entertainment (Canucks) and General Motors of Canada Limited (General Motors) today announce a new sponsor partnership that will see General Motors focus its activities on in-arena activations to build stronger awareness for its new products and services. As part of this new partnership, the home of the Vancouver Canucks will no longer be known as General Motors Place. The Canucks have scheduled a news conference at 2 PM to announce the new name. More to follow.

Click here to read more.
Calgary invades Abby 8

Calgary invades Abby

Personally speaking, I can think of only three good reasons for the Calgary Flames’ moving their AHL farm team to Abbotsford – three visits by the Manitoba Moose. But again, that’s just me. Tracy and I go to Abbotsford almost every weekend – mommy-in-law lives there – and I’ve yet to talk to someone who is genuinely excited about the prospect of the Flames’ farm team moving there. Certainly, a few liked the idea and would support it, but I didn’t get the sense that they would (or could) get emotionally-invested in the product like they are with the Canucks...

Click here to read more.
A word on Canucks ticket prices 2

A word on Canucks ticket prices

Right after the trade deadline, Bruce Constantineau (Vancouver Sun) wrote a piece about a raise in Canucks ticket prices for next season. The Vancouver Canucks will hike season ticket prices by an average of two per cent next season — joining a small minority of NHL teams so far who have announced price increases during a global recession. Canucks’ chief operating officer Victor de Bonis said prices on about 45 per cent of season tickets will be frozen, while increases on the remaining 55 per cent will range up to 3.3 per cent. He said ticket-price increases in recent years...

Click here to read more.
This Saturday’s game brought to you by the number 7 1

This Saturday’s game brought to you by the number 7

There’s a lot of chatter the last few days about the very cryptic message the Canucks have put up on their website. Who else suffered rejection for an NHL franchise, but never quit? Who else turned a symbol of tradition into a passionate tradition copied all across sports? Who else survived the insults of the Flying “V”, the Plate of Spaghetti and the Skate going down? Who else turned a symbol of surrender into a passionate tradition copied all across sports? October 25th, 2008 General Motors Place 7 There is, of course, speculation about what it means and Mike, Sean...

Click here to read more.
Feel appreciated for $12.95 3

Feel appreciated for $12.95

A quick hit on this one… I was just looking through the Vancouver Canucks schedule that was inserted in Sunday’s Vancouver Province. Did anyone else notice that the team moved Fan Appreciation Day from the last home game of the season to a mid-season January 4th game vs. the Dallas Stars? Did you also notice that that same Stars game is only available on pay-per-view? How ironic.

Click here to read more.