The start of a new year is often time for reflection and resolution. We make promises and renew commitments to our health, our finances, our hobbies, and our time and attention to loved ones.
The writers at CHB have come up with some resolutions of their own, and they are all of the Canucks-variety. Some have to do with players, others with fans, and still others have to do with personal attitudes. You’ll even see that some have similar themes. Regardless, we agreed that it was certainly time for a change – not necessarily for the team – but for ourselves.
But there indeed needs to be accountability. Otherwise these resolutions will become a world of broken promises. Thus, I promise that I will check in with my friends here at CHB sometime in March to see how they are doing and to offer any encouragement that I can.
Thus, we proudly present to you – in no particular order – CHB’s New Year’s Resolutions for 2014:
- To play the organ/synthesizer for one Vancouver Canucks home game. Or at least sit next to the guy who does. (Clay – @CanuckClay)
- To finally start the band I’ve always wanted to start: Henrik for Hooking. (Jocelyn – @jocelynaspa)
- To not mock Henrik Sedin every time he falls after taking a slap shot. (Dylan – @dilmarkley)
- To stop singing “Santeria” by Sublime substituting ‘Santorelli’ for ‘Santeria’ every time Santorelli scores a goal. (Paul – @vansport)
- To remember that I was actually good at math in high school and stop zoning out when people do math. (Lizz – @lizzmoffat)
- To finally pursue my dream of being a video editor solely for the purpose of editing a Torts rant and changing all the swear words to the word “Waffles”. (Ashley – @ashleyspinellii)
- To offer John Tortorella my services as a restorative yoga instructor. (Delia – @DXenophontos)
- To not tweet I MISS SCHNEIDER every time someone scores on Luongo. (Victoria – @concretefluff)
- To break my duck and see a game at Rogers Arena. (Jared – @JThompsondesign)
- To connect more Canuck fans the world over. We are all Canucks after all. (Myles – @VanCanucksOz)
- To proudly wear my David Booth away jersey to a home game without fear of verbal abuse. (Clay)
- To say nice(r) things about Tom Sestito. (Jocelyn)
- To learn to love Tom Sestito… or at least refrain from calling him “Tostito”. (Ashley)
- To stop my drunk, profanity-laced ref-bashing tweets at least until the playoffs. (Paul)
- To be more forgiving of the referees…even when I’m sure they’re wrong. (Delia)
- To try harder to express my true feelings about the Boston Bruins (everyone should have a resolution they know they can accomplish, right?). (Victoria)
- To not be quick to judge any anthem singer not named Marie Hui or Mark Donnelly. (Clay)
- To stop saying or tweeting “They should just decline it, they’re not going to score anyways” every time the Canucks go to the power play. (Paul)
- To maintain a positive attitude even after the overtime buzzer goes sending the Canucks into a shootout. (Dylan)
- To not immediately cover my eyes when the Canucks go to a shootout. (Jocelyn)
- To offer to participate in any and all Canucks shootouts. I’m better than the twins, I promise. (Victoria)
- To get a pet duck and name it Eddie Quack. (Ashley)
- To keep my Eddie Lack love to an acceptable and legal level. (Lizz)
- To do no more than 6 tweets when I’m at a game with my lovely wife Gail. (Clay)
- To continue to be a fun and fan-friendly place to talk all things Canucks via creative articles and features. After all, we are Canucks fans just like you.
Thank you to all our loyal CHB readers! We look forward to another exciting year!